My Laying Flock Eggs for Yours! (For NYDH)

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by 9gerianMile, Nov 12, 2012.

1. 9gerianMile

9gerianMile Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Western MT
    I'll be participating in the NYD Hatch-a-thon, and I was thinking it would be nice to trade eggs with a couple of other BYCers!

In my flock:
    My Rooster is "Lincoln" (Feather-shanked Blue Copper Marans)

His lady friends consist of French Black Copper Marans, Easter/Olive/Chocolate Eggers, an Australorp, a Black Star, a bantam Buff Brahma, and some bantam Cochin/FCBM crosses (mini Marans look a likes).

I'll add some pictures of their past babies. Let me know if you'd like to trade :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. Greasydog26

Greasydog26 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2012
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    What a cool looking rooster!!! Wish I had and incubator and some eggs to hatch.....

3. jen85

jen85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Oklahoma
    How many eggs? Are you NPIP? I have mine running together right now, but the babies are cute :). I have giant blue, black and splash Cochins and an EE hen and production reds.

4. 9gerianMile

Sep 18, 2010
    Western MT
    Thanks GreasyDog, he's a good Roo. No need in this world for an aggressive rooster ;) If you get a broody hen or an incubator, let me know :)

Jen85- I'm getting around 8 eggs/day right now, so it just depends on how many you want to trade for :) No I am not NPIP, but they are from NPIP breeders/hatcheries. I plan on getting everyone tested in the Spring before I hatch another few hundred eggs through Summer. Sorry if that's a deal breaker for you!

Aw, we had a little banty Cochin who was our favorite, but we lost her to wild birds :( Now I have her daughter out of our old FBCM roo who looks like a mini Marans with the Cochin clown pants :)

5. jen85

jen85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I just got mine tested this summer. It was easier than I thought it would be, but finding eggs I can get is harder! My husband said he's throwing away my incubators if I hatch anymore this winter anyways. I've got one duck egg in there and then I'm supposed to be done. It's so hard having eggs and empty incubators!!!

6. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    I would be intersted in some eggs.

Only thing currently laying right now is my EE pen. I have a Wheaton Ameraucana and a Blue/Red Thai rooster over EE hens. I did get a Jersey Giant egg last week, but that was 3 days ago.

7. 9gerianMile

Sep 18, 2010
    Western MT
    Good to know Jen, I'll have to see who around here does the testing :)

I'll PM you, FarmerChef :)

[​IMG]
    Getting some Olive eggs now!

8. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    you can also sign up for the egg swap, there is a link on the hatchalong thread

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by