My Leg Horn Hen died mysteriously, would like to know why.

Olekushka123

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 7, 2015
I found my 6m old Leg horn dead. She was fine when I let them out of the coop, but 20 min later I got back to feed them and she was laying dead. What could it be? It was really cold outside and windy. Could it be weather related? I never had chickens, this is my first experience. Could any body have some kind of answer? Thanks.

I am so sry to hear about your girl....it must be the direction of the moon or something..
hmm.png
..I posted the same post a few min ago. my golden ameraucana same symptoms...one min fine, the next dead. This is the second hen i've lost to this. My sympathies to you, I pray you find out what happened. j

I'm puzzled, because there was not a single sign of being sick. Hoping, there will be somebody who had this kind of thing with the chickens and figured it out, so he or she can share with us. Thanks for replying J.

Young birds are more susceptible to internal parasites such as protozoa and intestinal worms. Look the bird over for external parasites first. Look the bird over, parting the feathers. Was the crop full or empty? Does the bird seem underweight? I'm sorry you lost your hen, and examining her may be troubling, but it would be beneficial if you could avoid this problem in the future.

Back
Top Bottom