My legs are in so much pain!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I ran too much with my friends yesterday, and I'm paying for it today. I didn't sleep last night cause of the pain, had a short nap today, but we went to three stores and by the 2nd one, I had to go to the car, then could hardly get into it, because it hurt so bad. Then at home I couldn't get out! I took a Tylenol pm right now, got a lunch plan tomorrow so I need to feel good. I know, I know... I'm just feeling sorry for myself, but I'm in a LOT OF PAIN! And I mean a LOT.

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Aspirin helps with muskle pain

3. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thanks. I feel a little better today. I slept really well last night, but I'm still in pain. But it doesn't hurt as much to move today. [​IMG]

4. UrbanChickenSF

UrbanChickenSF Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Perhaps it would be best to not push yourself as hard next time you run. The more often you run, the less it will hurt! Take some ibuprofen to reduce your muscle aches :)

5. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    It'll get better the more you do it just make sure to stretch good before and after. And if ya push too much icy hot is great. [​IMG]

6. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Yea, I think I got carried away... Lol... I feel a lot better today. Ibuprofen is Advil right? lol, idk...
    Thanks. Yea, I like icy hot right now, it's my best friend!

7. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I feel better today, but anyone got some good exercises to help work the legs? I want to work them more, but not just running. [​IMG] thanks

8. ShawFarms

ShawFarms New Egg

Nov 12, 2012
    Campbell, Missouri
    I take L-Arginine for my leg aches and soak in a hot Epsom Salt bath if its real bad. Aspirin is the only pain pill I will take. I also supplement with DL-Phenylalanine to help my body cope with pain. Of course I've done lots of research on this subject. I've always had bad leg pain after a lot of walking, running or riding my bike. A doctor once put me on this medication that treats Parkinson's and it did nothing for my leg pain and had some side effects I didn't like. Another doctor told me drink more water and take CoQ10. Which I always drink plenty of water and the CoQ10 did not work for me. The L-Arginine was something Dr.Oz recommended on one of his shows. And it seems to work for me. As for leg exercises, I don't like squats but they are a good way to build muscle and strengthen your legs. I'm also big on beginner yoga. Good luck.

Mandy

9. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Wow, I'm glad you found some relief! I know, I have always had pain after running or walking also. I feel 'ya! Thanks, I might look into the L-Arginine but i don't like squats either. But i'm willing to try it if it will help! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by