My Liege Fighters at 20 weeks

Pics

Digby57

Songster
Jun 21, 2017
There are 11 total, but they are not photogenic. They will be exactly 20 weeks old on 12-18-17 (3 days from this post). I got them from https://greenfirefarms.com/liege_fighter.html on an auction at the beginning of August, 2017. I've looked high and low for pictures of the breed on the internet at different ages and there isn't much out there. So I'm starting this thread in case some day its handy for someone else to compare their birds to.
IMG_4798.JPG

Last edited:
BBR? (black and red/bronze - I really don't know how to classify chickens by color) rooster at 20 weeks. He's right in the middle of the 5 roosters for size, which is strange because he was very noticeably bigger and more colorful as a new chick. He continued to be the largest through about 12 weeks, and he is also the least "mature" in the spur and comb department at this point.
IMG_4804.JPG

Last edited:
Another group shot at 20 weeks. Note the size difference between these largest roosters and the little gray hen. That is one of the 2 medium size hens. I have 3 larger, darker color hens, 2 more "squat" gray hens and the splash hen which is just all around the smallest. Her splash brother is also the smallest of the roosters, but not by a lot.
IMG_4795.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom