My life sucks at the moment. (small vent)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickengal505, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Ello guys, I just needed someone to talk t. So as some of you may know, I come from an abusive family, phyiscly and mentally. And it's gotten worse in the past two weeks. So has, My four hours of homeowrk a nigh along with huge tests every week along with extra make up work. My aunt died recently and I've been having horrible nightmares about her for the past two weeks, my best friend/ ex boyfriend has complety dug a ditch and thrown me in it.Horriblr rumors are going around about me and my ex. Anyway, my life has come down in shambles around me, and I'm just stuck in the middle as it burns. [​IMG] thanks for being there guys. -Holly

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

3. bustermommy

bustermommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    [​IMG] There's a saying "This too shall pass." Hang in there.

4. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I think I have been there, babe.[​IMG] I know it sounds cliche, but life gets better.. if you need to PM me, feel free.

5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Don't know if you're a religious person or not, but I'll say a prayer for you anyway [​IMG]

6. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    WOW! You are having a bad day! Tomorrow may be better, but get ready for a battle! FIGHT FIGHT!!!! You got this.

7. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Hang in there sweetie- it does get better! I swear there are so many people that will tell you when you are younger and living at home that those are the best days of your life- don't believe them! But they will be comming up soon- and I promise it will be worth it- it was for me [​IMG] I know for me it helped to write it all down, let it out, and then once it was on the paper, let it go. At least till your family/teachers/annoying schoolmates push it back under your nose. Just remember- you may not have control over the crazy things that happen around you, but you do have all the say in how you react to it.
    When I turned 27 my parents were begging me to move back in. They were crazy when I was younger, but I think having an empty house and a glimpse of mortality woke them up to themselves, there is no gurantee that yours will do the same, but time and distance do give you (and them) a new perspective and it won't always be this bad.

Besides, a death in the family tends to amplify all the negative things between family member. i'm so sorry you lost your aunt. I'll keep you in my thoughts

8. Nic&Chickies

Nic&Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    New Britain, CT
    Add my [​IMG] to the rest!
    bustermommy wrote: There's a saying "This too shall pass." Hang in there.

x2

Have you ever read "Desiderata" by Max Ehrmann? It's like a creed for me. I like to read it every so often; it seems to calm me, center me somehow. (If you don't know it, any internet search'll get you several variations of it.) One part says:

As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
    they are vexatious to the spirit.

And he advises us to:
    Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
    But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
    Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness

I hope this helps, even a little.​

9. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Nic&Chickies :

Add my [​IMG] to the rest!
    bustermommy wrote: There's a saying "This too shall pass." Hang in there.

x2

Have you ever read "Desiderata" by Max Ehrmann? It's like a creed for me. I like to read it every so often; it seems to calm me, center me somehow. (If you don't know it, any internet search'll get you several variations of it.) One part says:

As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
    they are vexatious to the spirit.

And he advises us to:
    Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
    But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
    Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness

I hope this helps, even a little.​

^I really like that. Thanks for sharing.[​IMG]

10. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

When i was in school i had the same problem with people spreading rumors that were not true. They were horrible and nasty. I went home everyday crying and eventually had to go to therapy because of it. I learned somethings in therapy that helped me. The people that where starting the rumors i stoped talking to and anyone who supported the stories. After that i ignored what was being said about me and acted like what ever they could say did not bother me at all and just carried on with my bussiness and focused on my school work and what had to be done. Slowly my grades improved and i was doing better in school and was more focused and just felt alot better inside knowing that what they said no longer bothered me and they were not my true friends. Things really did get better for me after that. I hope that yours can to!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by