1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Light Sussex are here!!! WOOT!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

THey are here--and doing good....now I need to sell the extra roo....

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Enter the whole thing (letters included) in one long string.

Label/Receipt Number: AE90 0668 253U S
    Class: Express Mail[​IMG]

Your item was processed through and left our SEATTLE, WA 98168 facility on November 5, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, November 05, 2009, 7:36 am, SEATTLE, WA 98168
    Processed through Sort Facility, November 04, 2009, 5:19 pm, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32301
    Acceptance, November 04, 2009, 3:52 pm, MIDWAY, FL 32343

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  3. Rare Feathers Farm

Thank you! Now I just have to wait until 45 minutes until the post office opens! [​IMG]

4. keesmom

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Are you going to show us some pics? [​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Well, I went down at 8:30 to pick them up and they weren't open until 9am. I "wasted" one of my breaks on an unsuccessful pick up. Now, I'm leaving on my lunch hour and getting them, taking them home, setting them up & I'll take some pics...

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My post office lets me knock on the door and they let me in....even when they're not "officially " open....even when it's just hatching eggs.

7. TexasVet

TexasVet Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    Willis TX
    Quote:My post office lets me do that too. The first mail truck arrives at 6:30 in the morning, so I usually get a call before 7:00 to come pick up my chicks. I just ring the doorbell when I get there and tell them I'm there for the birds. No need to wait until 9:00 when the doors officially open. Trust me, they want those cheeping birds gone as soon as possible!

Kathy, Bellville TX
    www.CountryChickens.com

8. Rare Feathers Farm

The poor things were hoarse when I picked them up from cheeping so much! LOL I got FOUR (I paid for TWO). All of them looked pretty pale in their combs but ate & drank like champs once they were in their pen. All were very friendly. The two cockerels are 3 times the size of the two pullets. One pullet & one cockerel are very nice, one pullet is tiny and has a lot more black then the other one. The other cockerel also has a little bit more black than the other. Sorry no pics--my breaker kept blowing when I was trying to get a lamp on them and I ran out of time...

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:We have the "Postal Nazi" who won't open the window and tells you to come back when they are "OPEN!" LOL

10. keesmom

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Quote:Wow, an extra pair? Paul does take care of his customers!

One of my trios was of mixed age, so I had to separate the younger ones. One of the bossy girls kept picking on the babies. The roos are a good deal larger than the pullets. At least you can tell yours apart, mine look so much alike I really have to watch them to see which is which.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by