My liitle fluffy butt has become a man! (With a pic)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Criskin, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

I awoke to the strangest sound this morning! I was roused from my dreams to the a croaky voice screaming what sounded like "Ah! Whaa!" I jumped up, convinced that something was after my chickens and ran to the window in my PJ.s to find Louis, my BO rooster, standing proudly with his chest puffed out, peering around as though inviting admiration. He was 11 weeks old yesterday and apparently this morning he decided he had become a man! He has been my favorite since Nanny Ogg passed away because anytime I (or anyone new) walk outside he comes near the fence and tilts his head as though sizing us up and and thinking hard about why humans act the way they do. I like to think of him as the philosopher of my flock.

Here is a pic of him strutting about the yard today, awfully proud of this morning's accomplishment.
    [​IMG]

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    he's cute I love BO's

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Yeah for your little man. I love their croaky crows!

4. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    Awe! my BO rooster was about 16 weeks before he crowed. You little Man is soo cute!

5. Joz

Joz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    MidCity, New Orleans
    Heh... Nanny Ogg.

And what's your roo's name then? [​IMG]

6. mzrea

mzrea Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Vermont
    I think I heard him! [​IMG]

7. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    I love it when the roos start learning to crow ! He's very handsome too! Hello to a fellow Arkansan! [​IMG]

8. Poupoulles

Poupoulles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    Quote:heh heh Nanny Ogg! great books!

9. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

Aw, thanks guys! I know Louis would be doubly proud if he knew he was being admired on here!

I absolutely love the Discworld books! I have a Barred Rock named Esme (Granny Weatherwax) and a Partridge Rock named Magrat, too! Someday when another chick comes along that is as plucky and full of life as the original, I think I'm going to use the name again. Nanny Ogg is my favorite character of all Pratchett's books!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by