My Lil Bantams~That's All I know...Any help figuring them out is appreciated

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickN'ChaseR, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ChickN'ChaseR

ChickN'ChaseR Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
  2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    We'll need better pics. A picture of each of them from the side standing naturally to show the stance, leg color, and leg feathering (if any) and another pic of the head showing the comb would really help. Right now all I can tell you is they are cute. [​IMG]

3. ChickN'ChaseR

Jun 10, 2011
    OK! I will work on my photography after coffee :) Thanks, for the input...I am soo curious about them, I had been told that the bin held blue cochins and self blue assorted bantams..or something like that...and also white cochins were supposed to be in there. I asked the guy to stick 2 of the blue and 2 of the whites...(of course, this had to be the guy I'm not so fond of, running the place...he likes to roll his eyes and act like I'm being ridiculous when I want to "gaze at and ponder" the chickens I purchase!) I just told him what I wanted of what he TOLD me there were and got out of there with my Lil Box FAST! Needless to say, I got what Mr. Not-So-Chicken man dumped in my box, not what he said there were OR what I asked him to put in my box. (Dumb on my part, and all my own fault, I know. :( )

4. ChickN'ChaseR

Jun 10, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. ChickN'ChaseR

Jun 10, 2011
    I can't get these lil critters to sit still for their photo shoot, so I hope those pix will be helpful for you chicken experts to give me clues what I may be raising here. Thank You much! :)

6. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    #2 and #4 are Old English Game Bantams...#4 looks like a self blue OEGB....

#1 looks like a bantam cochin

#4 looks like it could be another OEGB...

I just love OEGBs, they are the best!!!!

7. ChickN'ChaseR

Jun 10, 2011
    TY so much for your input! I was worried that the little white ones would be those Cornish Bantams..I don't find them to be cute at all when they are grown ups. :( I know that's awful of me to be so judgemental, but I was really wanting 2 Blue and 2 White bantam COCHINS, I hate that I let that guy get me so flustered I didn't even check on what he gave me. :( I would have known in a second that these were not cochins. Well, except for "Puff". :) But, I am relieved and so are my kids, they love the new babies and now that I have told them what type they are they are happy, our little chicken "Fluffy" is OEGB and she's one of our favorite's!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by