My Lil Guard Cat

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by grundail01, Feb 17, 2009.

1. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    Lol well i am proud to be owned by a grey and white Manx named Bob, he was named before he claimed me and he knows his name too well to try and change it. I got Bob when a friends Cat had kittens and he coned me into going and looking at them. Well little Bob was adventurous and kept climbing up my pant leg, the first 4 times i put him back with the other kittens and the 5th time i decided he's going home with me. Here's Bob's usual perch when he's not laying across my shoulders at the computer.
    [​IMG]

2. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    What a cute Cat!! [​IMG]

You know, I think that he looks like YOU!!! [​IMG]

It is SOOO nice to have a buddy!! [​IMG]

Cindy

3. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    They do make their way into your heart.......got a few myself.

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    I love Manx! I've had a couple, their personalities are more like dogs and watch out if you take a bath with them around.. mine always wanted to play in the water.

Bob looks like a great purrsonality!

I'm currently catless so thanks for the kitty fix!

Nancy

5. grundail01

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    Growing up i was never a cat person, i was 32 when i got my first cat with my ex wife, so things change i guess lol

6. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Oh you are gonna be one of the lucky ones!

I say that cause I have a cat that chose me over 12 years ago. He kept climbing up my pant legs too! I finally chose him cause of his persistance, but I picked his sister too cause she was the loveliest calico you ever saw. Well, she had next to no personality, and sadly passed away at 4 years old, but Max Klinger is the talk of the town!

Max Klinger (named for his careful way of climbing jeans) loads up into the truck every day (after the dogs are in) and rides around town. He is a focal point at our garden center, with his own fan club. He has more personality than any cat I have ever had the privelage to share my life with!

Sounds like your Bob is in the Klinger 'cat-agory'! Congratulations!

They are not common, but they are exceptional! Enjoy!

[​IMG]

7. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hiya Bob! [​IMG]

8. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    My manx used to jump into the bathtub and lie on my chest. She also liked showers!! They are way cool cats.

9. grundail01

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    Bob loves showers, but he yeowls if i have them temp too high when he wants in lol, at 3:45am he's not quiet at all lol
    ETA: when i first get home he usually rides around the house on my shoulders lol I'll try and take a pic of it. He's done that from the 3rd day i had him. lol

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by