My lil Hen!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dinosaurs, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs New Egg

Sep 12, 2010
    Ok its been a few days and I am getting worried that my hen might be facing a life change for her.

To begin with I have dogs and they tend to chase the chicken when not watched. One day I wasn't paying attention and noticed that they were chasing the chickens. After some yelling I went to check the chickens and noticed that one of the hens was acting strange. Worried that she might die soon I took her inside to die peacefully in a box. It was a miracle she lived but she has a crooked neck. Waiting a few days she was still living no probelms eating or drinking. Although she is unbalanced and is seperated from the others so she won't be endangered. I don't know what to do could this be from the dogs or something wrong with her health.

She can move her neck as though there is no problems and nothing in her food has changed. But since I found her she stays inside nothing has change.

2. Dora'smom

Dora'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Oregon
    It is very possible that she ran or flew into something trying to escape your dogs. Impossible for me to try to say what exactly it is, or how to help her, other than keeping her separated for a bit and watching her. It might be nice for her to have a chicken buddy where you are keeping her, also.
    It sounds as though you need to consider a way to keep your dogs separate from your birds. Your birds deserve to live in peace, without threat of being killed by your own domesticated animals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by