my lil red hen is out...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maplesky7, Jul 18, 2008.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I counted all their heads tonight in the coop except for one, a lil red star my dd named: "lots of hearts"...I got this last batch on my birthday...which was also Mother's Day this year.

I didn't open the coop doors and let them free range today so that's why I was suprised one was missing. My 6 year old dd moved some bottom boards along the back privacy fence and there is at least one gap that is probably big enough for her to squeeze through??

I didn't notice until it was dark. Me and my girls looked around with a flashlight and called the back door neighbor to keep an eye out in the morning.

I don't like to go to bed without everyone's head being accounted for. I hope she's ok. Hope she appears in the morning.

Keep us in your prayers. Thank you.

me,
    g

2. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Has your little hen shown up? I hope she did. [​IMG]

3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Sorry I didn't post earlier...YES! We found her. She gave us a run for our money through some yards but we finally got her.

She was in the back yard of our neighbor and was close to her peep friends but couldn't figure out how to get back over. And their yard is fenced but she still got into the next neighbors and she had us running back and forth--that's me and my 6 yo dd and 2 yo dd...with their butterfly nets...that was helpful. Kinda sorta. She ran into their shed from a missing bottom board so I set the girls up in front of that and went in the door and snatched her. YAY!

Dd's took turns carrying her home and she closed her eyes as if to say, "I'm such a lucky girl. I love to be loved. You DON'T know the NIGHT I had!"

But Grandma came over to watch the girls so I could mow this morning and of course the mower wouldn't start...again... and by the time me and the guy helping me with my siding repair since my hubby is deployed to Iraq (and the repair is a long drug out ugly story that turns out happy in the end--repairs are always good once you have a reputable co. to do them.) but then Grandma had to go to her hair apt. grr.

Now she just called to remember my sister had called her the other day and rescheduled her for tomorrow so now she is coming back...hopefully the mower will start! please Lord please.

Even when my dh was home on leave we couldn't figure out why the battery keeps draining. He put in a hydrolic tank and a new starter though while he was home. But couldn't figure out where the drain is coming from.

If you only knew ALL of the things that have happened since he left...I was so ready to cry.

Thanks for checking in on me and our peeps!

me,
    g

4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I'm really happy for you that you found the chickie...Hope everything starts falling into place for you.

5. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Thank you kindley.

me,
    g

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by