1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My little ameraucana pullets checking out the new chicken tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kristenm1975, May 1, 2009.

1. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I think these little ladies are around 2 months old or so, and this was their first time out of the brooder. They really didn't know what to think of the new digs.

The chicken tractor is the Catawba Converticoop and I just finished building it yesterday. It was the first one that I did entirely on my own and it felt really good to see the finished product.

[​IMG]

2. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    They look SO HAPPY![​IMG] nice job

looks kinda like an artist's loft

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    hat's nice tractor show us more pictures [​IMG]

4. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Quote:Yes~More pics, Please! [​IMG]

5. hungryhensfarm

hungryhensfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Your pullets are beautiful. And the tractor looks great, too.[​IMG] More pics please.

6. kristenm1975

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Thank you everyone! [​IMG] I'm delighted you like the tractor. It's a logistical challenge, but works really nicely and looks pretty nifty too I think.

Can anyone tell me how to retrieve pictures I've already uploaded to BYC? I know I've posted a dozen or so pictures of the tractor but have no idea how to find them rather than uploading again. Tips would be appreciated. [​IMG]

In the meantime, I'll post a few that haven't gone up before. Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. hungryhensfarm

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Thanks! That tractor is really cool! Nice pics.[​IMG]

8. kristenm1975

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks hungryhensfarm! Hey, I need a mini dachshund/rat killer at my place. I'm sitting here watching huge rats crawling all over my brooder, trying to fit through the vents. Did you train Lily or is she just naturally wonderful like that?

9. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Nice looking tractor! [​IMG]

10. hungryhensfarm

Mar 24, 2009
    Alabama
    Quote:I didn't train her at all. Dachshunds are natural hunters. These rats had gotten into the walls of our now former home. They would wander out (during the day) and she would pounce.

Lily is just 6 months old now and she killed the rats about 3 months ago. They (the rats) were almost as big as her because she was quite small at the time.[​IMG] I watched as she would toss them like toys. It was wild. She got rid of them though.[​IMG] She'd kill them and we would wrap 'em up and get 'em out.[​IMG] It was kinda gross.

She's a terrific investment. And I love her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by