my little Blue died...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by OHChick, May 11, 2008.

1. OHChick

OHChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    i had a blind chicken named Blue (b/c of when we first discovered she was blind, the others pecked her so much i had to cover her in blue-kote to heal up her wounds.) anyway, she always did pretty good, she'd stay in the coop most of the time but did wander around the barn some, she just could never find her way back, so we'd have to carry her back in there.

well last night i went to gather eggs and she was dead. no sign of illness, just dead. [​IMG]

i have now lost 3 in a month, its just so sad. i had one die of CRD, got them all cured of that, one drowned, and now my favorite girl dies.

if you believe in this sort of thing, prayers for little Blue are appreciated.

2. never_ending_fermata

never_ending_fermata Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Northern New Jersey
    i'm sorry =[ i just lost a few chicks also. very sad, especially when you already have names for them.

3. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I'm so sorry! My prayers are with you, and Blue. Steph

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry hun. [​IMG] I'm sure that she's in the big field in the sky and can see, and is chasing bugs around and is very happy [​IMG]

5. aznewmom

aznewmom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    Tucson
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry. It is hard.........I'm learning that myself.
    Poor Blue. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

6. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    So sorry. I am sure though that Blue is happy where she is and grateful for the love you showed her while she was here.

7. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm sorry oh chick about blue. I'm sure she was happy and felt your love for her.

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I am so sorry to hear about your little Blue. [​IMG] I do believe in prayers and will offer some up for little Blue, BUT I think she is in a better spot (chicken heaven, maybe?) and you are the one who needs the prayers. I will pray for you too. [​IMG]

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Definitely prayers for your little Blue. (((hugs)))

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hugs to you from someone who has lost two precious birds in a little over a month, so I know the jolt you get from that. I'm sorry about little Blue. She was obviously very well-loved. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by