My little boy is growing up so fast!!!

Sequin

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
I cannot believe how time flies(flys?). My son is now 11 and I am sure it was just yesterday that he was born. While I can still cup his chin in my hand to look into his eyes, I used to be able to carry him in one arm. For right now, he is still looking up at me - but shortly will come the day when it is me looking up at him. Today he took on more responsibility, when we gave him his first laptop computer to do his homeschooling on. I can hardly believe it. The kid in me says "NO FAIR" - but the mother in me is proud that we can trust him with such a piece of equipment. I know this seems sort of random to post about, but it was a big deal for our family today and I wanted to share it.

Hope everyone has a great night!!

Congratulations to your son. The day I stood beside my middle son and realized he was so much taller than me is a day I still remember. I have three sons they are 6,2,6,3, 6,2 I am only 5,3 so I am the short one in family They are still all my babies whether they like it or not. lol

Oh I feel you completely! Mine just turned 11 in October and he's up to my nose! Scary! He's looking like a young man, but still such a young boy inside!

I can totally relate! Mine is 10 and we can wear the same shoes and his fingers are a bit bigger than mine. He stands about to my nose ( I am 5'5). I remember the day he was born. I try not to think about the way time goes so fast, it makes me get depressed. In 7 short years he will graduate high school and I hope I am ready. Ok, I better stop now, I am depressing myself!

Ohhh, I know where your coming from. My "baby boy" turned 13 this past summer, I wanted to cry.He's got about 2 inches and he'll be taller then me. I noticed little under arm hair the other day. Can't we stop them from growing?

Quote:
Gosh, I wish! Sometimes that would be so nice! I remember when they were babies and toddlers I would be so excited for them to get big so I could see their personalities and what type of person they will be. Now that I can see that, I want them to go back to being babies and toddlers!

Oh goodness, pit hair! I don't think I could handle the shock! My oldest is needing to use deodorant and he gives me such a hard time! We also noticed a week or two ago that the fine blonde hairs on his legs were turning darker. I don't think I am ready to be the mom of young men yet!

My mom is having a hard time with all this growing up stuff, too. As is my Grandma. Just the other day I saw her in Walmart and she said "Why is your mom letting you wonder around Walmart by yourself?" "I've done it since I was about 8.. But I'm almost 18 now, I think I can handle it.." She just said "Oh yeah..."
roll.png

They come imprinted with "Quad pentium 6, 2.683 ghz burillium sphere microprocessor, 16gig hard drive, 24 gig SD ram, on a magic drive microbus, and T-1 line internet connection..." Imprented on their DNA.

Remembet when it was "KEEN" to have color TV?
old.gif

AWWW, you guys are making me sad.... my baby boy(now 27 and married)is expecting a baby boy in March.I still can't believe it.I still call Anthony, my baby .....I always will.

Back
Top Bottom