My little buck went to a good home but I am so sad.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cajunsamoan, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    I got my first pygmy goats three years ago. A mama and her twin girls. I fell head over heels. The babies they have given me, along with my chickens, have brought joy to my life when I really needed it. I was very lucky to have mostly does. I had one buck out of 11 babies born in the last couple years. I found a VERY good home for him and he went there tonight. But now I am being the biggest crybaby!! [​IMG] I am so happy he is going to a good home but he is my first baby to leave. Sorry about writing a novel but I didn't expect it to be so hard. Thanks for taking the time to read my sob story. Is it always this hard to see them go?

2. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    My does are going to have kids this summer and I'm praying they don't have any boys. I don't want to have to sell them, so I understand where your coming from. I don't even like rehoming my roosters.

3. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Thanks for understanding. I don't think I'm cut out for rehoming anyone and will just have to keep EVERYONE!! [​IMG]

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    We had our first goats born in January, two bucks and a doe. The bucks both went to their new homes today. Their Mom was fine until it was time to put them away for the night. As soon as the gate was shut, she started bawling trying to find out where they were. She has quieted down now, but I felt really bad for her. I know how you feel!

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

AWWWWW, it is hard to let go of something you birthed and raised for how ever short of a period. I am gonna go through the same thing with my chicks. I am hatching them for a co-worker.... The first one hatched today. [​IMG]

6. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

[​IMG] I'd be crying, too.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG]

Gaze on this and be cheered.

[​IMG]

8. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

aww,it can sure be tough.

however, i have never had goats, perhaps you can tell me why you can keep the poor boys, and only keep the girls?

discrimination i say!!!!!!!!

9. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Ahhh....I'd be a mess too. Take comfort in the fact that he has a great new home!

10. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Quote:Having bucks and wethers are like having too many roosters. Yes, it is discrimination! A lot of people eat their boys which I couldn't bring myself to do. To each their own. So rehoming is the next best option.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by