My little bunny.

Kute Kitten

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 21, 2008
Last night I got two little female bunnies from a guy that my dad knows. He said I could have two bunnies, so I said that was fine with me. One is Sandy and the other one is Frosting. Frosting is my little sister's and Sandy is mine. They are about two months old.

Sandy
Sandy.jpg

Frosting
Frosting.jpg

She had a rabbit before and it passed away last week, Tuesday. It was a very sad day but, she wanted a new bunny. DH works in a feedmill and Kutekitten likes to go to work with him when she can. This guy raises rabbits and is always telling her if he knew she was there at the mill he would have brought her a bunny. Well this time she took him up on the offer!

I'm posting for Kute Kitten. DH just called to say the people who they got the bunnies from were in today and he asked about their breed. They are Mini Rex.

The son who was home when they picked them out wasn't suppose to let Sandy go. They were going to keep her because she is marked right for breeding. We get to keep her anyway. I told Kute Kitten that it sounds like maybe a good one to show at the fair if she wants. She would like too. I'll have to check into what it would take. We do have open classes at our fair so the fact that she isn't in 4H shouldn't be a problem. But, I'm not sure what shots she may need and I know that they have a category for under 6 months but is one this young good to show or should she wait until next year? I guess I have some checking to do!

Last edited:
We are working on a dog kennel for them. It's a 6x6x6 and we put chicken wire down so they can't dig out, because my old rabbit, Snow almost dug out. They are still small enough to fit through the holes so we are going to put hardware wire around it. It will also have a roof and dad will build a house for them and I am going to help.

Cute rabbits! I have always wanted a mini rex. I came close to buying one at our fair this year! I already have two rabbits and another one would just be too much.

Anyways, in order to show there is not much you have to do. You do have to have the rabbits tattoed in one of the ears (I think the left, but I'm not sure about that) Also, you just have to make sure you are registered in the show. There is usually a small entry fee, but that is it. During the show, your daughter will just have to bring the rabbit up to the show table for judging. Pretty easy and it can be a lot of fun! Generally rabbits do not need any shots, and you should be able to show Sandy as a junior rabbit, which means a rabbit under 6 months old.

Have you ever considered joining 4-H? It really is a lot of fun and you can learn a whole lot. You might want to consider looking into clubs in your area and possibly going to meeting or two to see if it is something you might want to try! I was in 4-H for ten, almost eleven years and I just finished my last year. I'm now looking into becoming a co-leader of my mom's club.

Back
Top Bottom