My Little Dorking Bantam,sooooo cute

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickenzoo, Jul 17, 2008.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Here is my little SweetPea, I believe a pullet, that I hatched a short time ago. She likes to sleep under my chair while I'm typing on BYC or sleep next to my computer. She likes to look in the bator to see if anyone new is hatching. Does anyone know how big she will get? Just wondering because she is still pretty small, smaller than my bantam cochins. She's such a cute little booger - when she's not making that face! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  2. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Lucky girl! (you and her)

I don't know a thing about Dorkings, but she looks healthy and content.[​IMG]

3. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

She is adorable!

My book says that a Dorking hen sends the scales up to around 9 lbs.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see she was a bantam!

4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

She is precious, up until Frozen Feathers blessed me with cochin bantams...I never thought Bantams were worth the space on the roost...well, stupid me, I raised 7 for her, said that I wasn't going to keep any, then I got soft, they are SOOOO funny and cant even discribe to folks how neat they really are.
    So good luck with your girl, also how many toes does she have? Just curious.

5. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    How old is she?

Is she standing on a Little Giant/Havobater?(Or something the same size as those?)

Depending on the age, I'm wondering whether she's really a bantam or not..

-Kim

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Definitely a pullet, but yeah... I'm wondering about the size thing, too... my SGD roo is 10 weeks old and looks to be about the same size. They are VERY slow to mature. She's a pretty girl!!! [​IMG]

7. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Aw!

She looks just like my Dorking Hen when she was young [​IMG]

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:She has 5 toes and is about 2 months or so old I think? I lost track with all the hatchings. She was a babysitter chicken for the little seramas a couple of times.

9. Beanbag

Beanbag Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    South Georgia
    Awww!!! you are so lucky... my husband won't let me keep my frizzle baby in the house once all the baby chicks are old/large enough to go out into the coop, and he refuses to put a roof on the scratch yard. I am so scared for him/her!!! [​IMG]

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I make diapers for mine -[​IMG] y husband loves the chickens and worries as much about them as I do..... I'd say go make something yourself to protect them and if they need to be in the house to be safe, well so be it- your house too [​IMG] , but then I'm a trouble maker, LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by