My little EE cockerel turned 14 weeks today...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by debid, Jul 23, 2011.

1. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    And he celebrated by crowing for the first time [​IMG]

The rest of them are looking and sounding more like hens than chicks so it appears he's the only boy in my "sexed pullet" order of 10.

OH, and one of the 16-week Welsummers was so impressed by his crowing, she dropped to the ground in a squat at the sound of it. And he had no action to follow his boast... [​IMG]

I suspect he's been practicing his song while I wasn't around because he sounded awfully polished for day 1. Just a few creaks and then he had it. So, he crowed a number of times early for the kids, gave me a show when I came out, and then nothing since 8AM. Fingers crossed he's not horribly annoying and doesn't get mean because my husband was dead set against having a rooster until the kids' favorite chick sprouted a comb early.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    "And he had no action to follow his boast." Reminds me of my teen age years. [​IMG]

3. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    My 15 week EE roo is just starting up too. He's not as accomplished as your boy - sounds like a kazoo still. And he hasn't hit on any of the ladies yet that I've seen! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by