My little girl seems to have broken the end of her beak

ChickenFajita6

Songster
Apr 1, 2017
We brought her inside today to take Halloween photos (I know, I know) and I immediately noticed the end of her upper beak was chipped away. I'm a new chicken mama so I went straight to google which told me this is not uncommon. There was no blood, so I am hoping this is minor enough that she should heal up ok. What do y'all think?? She looks like she has an underbite now. It looks so bad from the front. :(

beak0488.jpg

f0472.jpg

It doesn't look that serious to me. Make sure that she is able to eat and drink normally. Google "broken beak in chickens," and look for TheChickenChick's post about how to deal with them.

The pictures are precious. :love

I have rescue hens with permanently cut beaks- some of them have over/under bites and they get along just fine. Your girls doesn't look too bad at all and should grow back just fine :) I'm sure it was shocking to see at first.

hahaha I think it's fetching and, wow the photos are ..I'm at a loss for words um..the backdrop..and the little broom ..and where did you find a witch costume that would fit a chicken? Impressive :p Can't wait for Christmas now! :D

hahaha I think it's fetching and, wow the photos are ..I'm at a loss for words um..the backdrop..and the little broom ..and where did you find a witch costume that would fit a chicken? Impressive :p Can't wait for Christmas now! :D

Don't get too excited, Halloween is my big holiday, haha.
We already had the costume (build a bear - there's a dress that goes with it too but I doubted that would fit her!) and the rest of the things are just stuff I already had for displays. The backdrop was purchased for Halloween photos though!

Thanks for the reassurance everyone, I am keeping an eye on her. :)

Back
Top Bottom