My Little Orange Housecat

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by FloridaChickenChick, Jul 31, 2008.

1. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Serge is my little orange guy...you know how sometimes you fall in love with your spouse all over again? Just now, Serge came RUNNING into the office, jumped up on the desk, made a little "rrrr" noise at me and gave my arm the head butt. [​IMG] So I fell in love with him all over again, even though he's a cat and not my husband. This is just a very sweet little cat (when he's not being a demon).

Thanks for listening. [​IMG]

2. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Cats rock, don't they?[​IMG]

3. redhead83402

redhead83402 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Idaho
    lol ~ so they do, so they do ~ I have the sweetest cats in the world ~ my one little kitty, Morticia, ( sometimes we call her More Tooshi, cuz she loves her food so, or we call her Bav Morda ~from Willow~ when she's being bad) is the sweetest Tortie, she comes when she's called better than our dog ever did. Especially if you rattle the food bucket, hehehe.
    ~Red

4. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    I had to look at this post. I am not a cat person but decided to get my daughter a little kitten at the pound last year. They had this little 11 week old orange tabby someone had dropped off. I can't say it was love at first sight, but Tiger and I took to each other and he is now definitely "my" cat, much to dd chagrin. He can be a demon, like your Serge, but also the sweetest, cuddliest little fuzz I've every known. He certainly stole my heart!

5. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Cats are truly amazing. I have had four in my adult life, and each of them has been SUCH an individual. My second cat, Bert, was the kitty love of my life.

Now I have Sherbet and Serge...both orange. I'm not sure any household should have two orange cats at the same time! THey seem to have very strong personalities.

DH and I spoon at night and he puts his arm over my shoulder. Sherbet comes up and taps his hand until he wakes up! If he doesn't get up LIKE RIGHT NOW, Sherb puts the claws out and just gives him a swat. That's impossible to sleep through.

Serge is marked like a wild cat...more spotted than striped. Very dark ginger spots. He is not a meaty cat...very slight, but very tough. I absolutely adore him.

Kodiakchicken, it's funny how they make non-cat people into their biggest fans. :)

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    [​IMG]

This is our little Buddy, showing off three of his white-mittened tootsy feet. Melts our hearts a couple of times a day...

7. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    [​IMG] Orange cats (and the half-orange cats . . . tortiseshells) are my favorite! They DO have strong personalities (both good and "bad"). [​IMG]

8. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    What a cutie, Buff Hooligans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that's what i love about my cats. they just surprise you with a little love every now and then.

mine lets me sleep on her...Lapis Lazuli the Siamese Sassy Cat! i was really sick when we took this photo. the cat always sensed a seizure coming on and stayed with me, not to be moved, until it would end.

[​IMG]

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:[​IMG] I love it when they do that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by