1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my little pallet coop.... pic heavy

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ladyride, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    [​IMG] [​IMG]getting started [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] coming together [​IMG] now for some paint [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] the inside [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] there is still some trim that needs to go on , the roosting poles to go in , but it is ready for the new little buff brahmas coming this week . By the time they are ready to go out the run will be done.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. Patience

Patience Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Very nice!

3. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
  4. Mark & Nique

Mark & Nique Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Very nice! I made a tractor out of pallets and really enjoyed the process. There is something special about recycling pallets into something else!

5. ladyride

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    With the exception of the 4x4's everything is recycled the windows came from a friend doing window replacement in his home had to buy shingles of course & some hinges we had paint leftover from big coop project.the dog kennel & chain link also recycled that will make up the run so we don't really have a whole lot in it. [​IMG] never would have thought about it but folks o[​IMG] here have been so helpful & creative. [​IMG]

6. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Nicely done. Love all the windows and it's quite bright and cheery inside.

7. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Very good job, would suggest a much larger roof to prevent water from dribbling down into the coop thru a wall gap.

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

wow I'm impressed [​IMG]

9. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    Great job and use of pallets!

10. ladyride

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    I thought about that dh did run some serious silicone caulk along front edge .He wants to wait & see [​IMG].

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by