1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Little RIR and others lays down now

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SteveBaz, Sep 10, 2011.

1. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    It has taken 5-6 weeks but my girls are laying/sitting down now and comletelty lets me love them. All of a sudden something happened and the birds become docile when reach out to pet them. The won't sit in a lap but standing themselve on the top of the 4X8 sheet roof and letting me just love and love them. Fantastic!! It makes it all worth it when time just stops and something happens you wanted. Funny little creatures have stolen my heart.

Steve

2. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Quote:X2

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I know what you mean! My silkies are 3 weeks now and getting a little better but not there yet! [​IMG]

4. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    My Polish/Australorp (I think) mix came around to check things out when we were giving out mealworms to our Silkie cockerel Jo. The next day, she walked over when I came in and just stood still, so I picked her up and put her on my lap. She hunkered right down and burbled a bit! [​IMG] So rewarding!! The trouble I have now is that I have to PUT her back down. I love it!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by