My little Ronnie Roo ❤️

Chick-n-lily

Songster
Sep 29, 2022
Yesterday was the first day since I got them that I did not go in several times and just sit with them. Hubby and I went to the Fryeburg fair for the day celebrating our anniversary. Anyway, we got home and after spending some time with my dogs (we have 4) I went and saw my chicks. Ronnie my little cockerel came running (of course I had food ha!)!!! He then proceeded to walk all over me and he settled in my lap and let me stroke his back and he literally CLOSED HIS EYES and snoozed. I read that is a very good sign he likes me ❤️❤️ I didn’t have my phone so couldn’t video!! &$!?@ lol. I kept trying to set him down, but he kept jumping back on me. I finally told him I had to go but would be back. When I went back a little while later, I managed to get video of him running to me (food in hand) And this time ALL my chicks surrounded me and ate off my lap and it was the first time a couple of the Wyandottes actually let me pet them, just briefly though. I’m in love haha!

Attachments

• E522EB65-25F3-48CE-997D-DE98BB2CC45A.jpeg
    E522EB65-25F3-48CE-997D-DE98BB2CC45A.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 9B4AB11D-192E-412C-ADE5-068C86DE6F11.jpeg
    9B4AB11D-192E-412C-ADE5-068C86DE6F11.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yesterday was the first day since I got them that I did not go in several times and just sit with them. Hubby and I went to the Fryeburg fair for the day celebrating our anniversary. Anyway, we got home and after spending some time with my dogs (we have 4) I went and saw my chicks. Ronnie my little cockerel came running (of course I had food ha!)!!! He then proceeded to walk all over me and he settled in my lap and let me stroke his back and he literally CLOSED HIS EYES and snoozed. I read that is a very good sign he likes me ❤️❤️ I didn’t have my phone so couldn’t video!! &$!?@ lol. I kept trying to set him down, but he kept jumping back on me. I finally told him I had to go but would be back. When I went back a little while later, I managed to get video of him running to me (food in hand) And this time ALL my chicks surrounded me and ate off my lap and it was the first time a couple of the Wyandottes actually let me pet them, just briefly though. I’m in love haha!
Oh my you remind me of me! Lol. Once they matured, the lap hang outs stopped! thats ok, i have one hen out of 5 that will let me pick her up and she'll get comfy on my lap whispering sweet nothings. Those precious chirps i miss for sure. Now i get growls and other strange voices but sounds of content, mostly, lol. I do know when they want something tho! I love that your little rooster is behaving. Your bond to him and his respect for u i hope continues and that your flock thrives always! He napped on you......awww. My chickens are my best friends, shhhh

Attachments

• 3F738171-511B-413D-89AF-23E42BB24473.jpeg
    3F738171-511B-413D-89AF-23E42BB24473.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 1
Oh my you remind me of me! Lol. Once they matured, the lap hang outs stopped! thats ok, i have one hen out of 5 that will let me pick her up and she'll get comfy on my lap whispering sweet nothings. Those precious chirps i miss for sure. Now i get growls and other strange voices but sounds of content, mostly, lol. I do know when they want something tho! I love that your little rooster is behaving. Your bond to him and his respect for u i hope continues and that your flock thrives always! He napped on you......awww. My chickens are my best friends, shhhh
Awww thanks. I hope Ronnie roo at least stays polite and gentle. Right now everytime I go up and sit down, he will sit on my lap. One of my little golden laced Wyandottes does too now. 😊

Attachments

• 49B7ABFF-851D-4E88-BB34-0FDA27B49884.jpeg
    49B7ABFF-851D-4E88-BB34-0FDA27B49884.jpeg
    760.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom