My little rooster is ill

Mrs. Chicken

Chirping
11 Years
Aug 22, 2008
My little rooster is not feeling well. I tried to upload a picture of him but it didn't work. He hasn't crowed in five days. He is walking around very slow and is sitting in the hen's nest. He is picking at his corn but will only eat bread, however, he is drinking water. He rarely lets me touch him, now all he does is stand at the back door and whine and lets me rub his back. He usually struts around the yard and is very active. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do or how to help him.

mmm...any injuries that you can see? How does his poop look? Has anything happened lately that could have caused him to act like this? If you live somewhere where it's getting cold, that may be it. Our chickens always get lazy when it's cold.
I hope he's OK!
hugs.gif
fl.gif
Hopefully someone else can help you out.
wink.png
Good luck! Hope he gets better soon!

read the sticky at the top of the page- 'have an emergency/read first', and add the info to your post. we need more info on him to offer any real advice. You also need to pick him up and examine him from beak to vent to feet, even if he doesn't like it. It may be as simple as he has a terrible case of lice, and he is weak and anemic. Feel his crop, look in his mouth, feel his keel, check out his bottom. Age, breed, feed, how long you have had him, deworming history, poop description, ect is very helpful.

Mrs. Chicken :

My little rooster is not feeling well. I tried to upload a picture of him but it didn't work. He hasn't crowed in five days. He is walking around very slow and is sitting in the hen's nest. He is picking at his corn but will only eat bread, however, he is drinking water. He rarely lets me touch him, now all he does is stand at the back door and whine and lets me rub his back. He usually struts around the yard and is very active. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do or how to help him.​

If you can provide that other info fast.....5 days like this is a long time and he may need assist imminently. If possible, get him to an avian vet.
I hope he'll get well.
JJ

Back
Top Bottom