My little Roxie must love me afterall ;)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Guitartists, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Poor girl.... tonight after I put everyone back in the coop, I was looking through the screen window to make sure everyone was settling in ok for the night. Roxie was up next to Charli on the roost I built yesterday, when I notice her moving around and making noises like she was preparing for flight. I yelled "NO Roxie!" but it was too late....... she flew across the coop and tried to fly through the screen.... claws in the holes of the hardware cloth, she was flapping her wings trying to stay up because there is NOTHING to stand on! I had to rush over, unlock the coop and I ran in and grabbed her from the screen where she was still struggling to stay up.

I held her against my chest and she just kinda hugged me, relieved I'm sure to feel safe and not floundering like that. She was making little guk, guk noises. I held and petted her for a couple of minutes before putting her back on her perch next to Charli. She settled down and fluffed up, making those little noises as I gave her a couple more pats before closing the coop up again. I made sure to avoid the window [​IMG]

Poor girl... I think she would rather be here at the house... all though, she enjoys the outdoors too [​IMG]

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    :aww

thatissweet

3. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I have 2 like that, my 12 week old EE cockerel, Sparrow, and his future EE girlfriend, Rizzo. They have major adjustment issues when I try to put them outside, and they just cling to any part of me that they can get to. lol They will likely end up inside my house. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by