My living will

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JetBlack, Jun 29, 2010.

1. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Many people fret over whether or not to be cremated... buried, etc....

When I die, I want to be encased in Lucite. Yes, like a bug or a scorpion or something like that. I want it to have a back that angles at 90 degrees and with a flat base, so my distant relatives can stand me up in a corner and I won't take up much space. Talk about a conversation starter! I wonder if I'll be all magnified. Maybe it should have a milled and polished front on it. I'll will "it" to my brother and his wife. She's a doctor (and he's a lawyer, but I love him anyway and treat him just like he's normal) so it could totally be put in a closet, at her office.

My orthopedic surgeon had his grandfather's skeleton. That was soooo cool! He could show you what you injured, on his actual grandfather. Marshal K. Steele III, was my doc, so obviously Marshal K. Steel Sr. was the donor.

Even if they could only do my bones, in Lucite, I'd like that. You could see all the old breaks and injuries. Kids would like it best, I'd think.

"Eeeewww!!!!! I think I saw it move!"

Tell me you wouldn't want that in your basement, when you were babysitting, the neighbor's snotty kids. They'd come back upstairs with the burning desire to not make you angry.

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Good Idea!! I've seen freezedried dogs(yuck) so, why not? [​IMG]

3. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG]

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    You have a rather interesting idea. I am going to have to contemplate it. your other option would be plasticine. Plasticine is what they used for the bodies in the traveling museum show. I had the chance to see it in Denver CO in April of 2006. With plasticine you could be posed very interesting poses.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    My husband wants to be "stuffed" and propped up somewhere in the house....
    I told him..No way! Hes knows that i dont dust! AND.. how could i ever bring any men back to the house with him hanging around??

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  6. justbugged

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    As for me I just want to disappear. I don't want a funeral or a grave site. I am looking forward to finding out what is next. I'm not ready to go right now, at least at the moment, but it doesn't scare me that it will happen. It would be kind of cool if people later said " I wonder what ever just happened to that buggy bugged person?" [​IMG] I am bad I just cracked myself up.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I reckon if you're gonna make me a pair of cement boots why can't you go ahead and just epoxy all of me? [​IMG]

8. justbugged

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    When my DH goes he is going to be cremated, and pumped through a concrete pump into the coolest job I can find at the time. That way he will always be doing the thing he loved most, working. [​IMG] I think that he is to late for the Hoover dam bypass job, but the floating bridges and a tunnel are starting up in Seattle so there are some good options in the works. He is only 48 so It could take awhile before I have to worry about which job.

9. chicnfarmer

chicnfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2010
    Quote:actually, it could have been his maternal grandfather...

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Jet - just wanted to say I always enjoy reading your posts and think you would be a cool person to meet in RL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by