My Lizard Gene

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by drdoolittle, Sep 27, 2011.

1. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Just wanted to post some pics. of my Giant African Plated Rainbow Lizard for another BYCer. His name is Gene, and he's been the easiest reptile to care for-----I've had a few. Just keep his water clean and toss him a couple of Dubia roaches a few times a week and he's happy!

[​IMG]

The plexi in the front of the cage looks awful here, as my cat Jerry had been messing around batting it with his paws.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silky_3699

silky_3699 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    My Own Realm!!!
    Nice!
    i have been eyeing off a hilarious baby dragon! he is adorable,and funny!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Nice set-up!

4. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    Beautiful! Have to say I'm loving my leopard gecko baby. Looking at maybe a fire skink or baby bearded too. So many choices. I would go for something bigger if I didn't already have a 55 aquarium taking up a ton of room.

5. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    This cage is one my sister made---she also made one exactly like it for her blue-tongued skink. She ended up selling him to a co-worker, and the cage is now home to a little male hedgehog!

6. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I miss my lizards. I had one that was supposed to be a plated lizard, but clearly was not. He was some kind of amevia. he refused to eat at the store and was on the brink of death so they let me bring him home. I hand fed him cat food till he got better and he ended up being a very cool dude!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by