My Lizard Gene

drdoolittle

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 30, 2010
NE Indiana
Just wanted to post some pics. of my Giant African Plated Rainbow Lizard for another BYCer. His name is Gene, and he's been the easiest reptile to care for-----I've had a few. Just keep his water clean and toss him a couple of Dubia roaches a few times a week and he's happy!

64357_goatsflowers_099.jpg

The plexi in the front of the cage looks awful here, as my cat Jerry had been messing around batting it with his paws.
64357_goatsflowers_078.jpg

64357_goatsflowers_257.jpg

Beautiful! Have to say I'm loving my leopard gecko baby. Looking at maybe a fire skink or baby bearded too. So many choices. I would go for something bigger if I didn't already have a 55 aquarium taking up a ton of room.

This cage is one my sister made---she also made one exactly like it for her blue-tongued skink. She ended up selling him to a co-worker, and the cage is now home to a little male hedgehog!

I miss my lizards. I had one that was supposed to be a plated lizard, but clearly was not. He was some kind of amevia. he refused to eat at the store and was on the brink of death so they let me bring him home. I hand fed him cat food till he got better and he ended up being a very cool dude!

Back
Top Bottom