My Loner White Chicken, but what breed is she?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by obsessedwchicks, Feb 13, 2013.

1. obsessedwchicks

obsessedwchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

Not the best picture probably, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what kind of chicken she is. All I know ( well not for sure but guesses and research) is that she is at the bottom of the pecking order, and is the white chicken who I constantly worry about. Someone wanna help me know what kind of chicken she is? I kind of want more :)

2. Pyncheon guy

Pyncheon guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2010
    NW Michigan
    If that's a single comb on her head and she shows the yellow legs..and she has red earlobes.....I'd say she's a commercial White Plymouth Rock.

3. obsessedwchicks

Feb 12, 2013
    i'll try and get a better picture in a few moments when I'm up there to catch their egg production! She has yet to lay I don't think. I'm just hoping she's a good breed, cause I want more! She's so pretty to me, I haven't figured out why but I'm obsessed with her hahaha!

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    She looks to be a White Rock. They're great birds, used to be one of the commercial meat birds before the cornish cross took over. They're friendly, lay well with nice sized brown eggs, don't tend to go broody a lot but do occasionally.

5. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    x2

6. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    I agree, she's a White Rock!

7. obsessedwchicks

Feb 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

Here's a better picture, she literally kept running away while I was trying to get an upclose picture. I think I'm naming her Runner for the amount times she has ran away from me today, where as the other hens I have crowd around me! HA.

8. gcbsmommy

gcbsmommy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2013
    Florida
    She's so pretty! :)

9. obsessedwchicks

Feb 12, 2013
    She's def unique. Runs away from anything that goes in the pen, even the other chickens.

10. Coop Deville

Coop Deville Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Just curious: How is a "commercial" White Rock different from any other White Rock?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by