my lucky day (PICS ADDED)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debbyluvschickens, Jun 14, 2008.

1. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    WOW! I am having the best luck today, I just had to share!!!!

I woke up late this morning...my kids slept untill 8:45!!! Then I got up, and hubby had taken out the trash...(shocker) so I went to the bator to turn my eggs...and heard a loud peep from the other bator....I had a cute little white chick with a topknot sitting on top of the eggs...a closer look and 9 more are pipped!!!! They arent supposed to hatch untill tomorrow, so maybe more will pip also. I called hubby to tell him the good news, and he told me that a man came to where he works, asking if anyone wanted to buy any ducks, geese, and chickens...he is "tired of them" and will sell them all "real cheap" He aslo has a huge brooder box for 35 dollars!!!! So were going over there as soon as hubby gets off work.

Then here comes my grandmother, she picked my kids up and took them to a family function, they will be gone 3 hours!!!! I also got a phone call from hubby's EX wife....UUUGH...I thought, well, heres the end of my perfect day....NOPE she wanted to know if I wanted my step kids for the night....She doesnt usually let us get them....so we get them untill 2 tomorrow afternoon!!!!

So I went outside to feed and water the animals, and the quail are finally laying!!! 3 speckled eggs are now in my bator!!Can this day get any better???

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Lucky!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

[​IMG] for you!!!!!!

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Congrats! Where's the pictures?!? [​IMG]

5. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Wow! You are on a roll this weekend! AWESOME! Congratulations on all of your exciting news. And yes, post some pics! LOL!

Shelly

6. debbyluvschickens

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    I was just thinking I have to take pics!!

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Your post made me laugh, it sounds like your day is going great! Mine is going awesome as well, I got my first peach of the year today and it was delicious. Its nothing compared to your day, is your DH gonna get some ducks and geese too?? [​IMG]

8. debbyluvschickens

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    Quote:Yep, were going out there to buy EVERYTHING he has!!

9. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Make sure you post pics of all the new ones you are getting! Can't wait to see em'! LUCKY you!!! [​IMG]

10. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    What a great day - you need to go buy a lottery ticket! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by