My lucky day w/lots of pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lurky, Jul 11, 2007.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Ok.......So I work with people and i was told about ALOT of sod that was not fit for sale for reasons you and i would never understand. My informant was offered all he wanted and the cost was $1 for 9x9 sq ft. as many as he wanted. So my chicks have no grass in the coop......er.....should i say 'had no grass' [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were soooooo happy.......words cannot express what pictures can

[​IMG]

I am so happy for them. I wont let them out for grass yet because I'm too chicken (pun totally intended). So i bring them stuff to make up for it....but now i feel better. They were eating it like they never ate before. So my roo allowed me to get a few nice pics and i am so proud that he is mine, i wanted to show the world. I am not zoned for a roo, but i am keeping him because i love him [​IMG]
    I have not picked a name for him yet, nothing obvious hits me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am still working on that silkie. I missed a few calls at work today because i was too busy to stop for the phone. I emailed them again and am waiting..... [​IMG]

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Those chickens have nicer grass in their coop than I have in my yard!!! Your roo is beautiful!!!

3. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I love the grass and the roo!

4. Sharona

Sharona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2007
    Illinois
    Wow! [​IMG]
    nice job!

5. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thanks, Hey trust me......its nicer than our lawn too. This is from an actual sod farm. I think the guy said they found seed heads in it [​IMG] We got twice the amount of whats in the coop. We put it around the outside of the coop. My chicks are so happy. The only problem is that i didn't leave them anywhere to scratch. Even the spot i had not put sod (in the pic), eventually got sod. I wanted to leave them a dirt spot but we had so much and you have to use it TODAY or it will begin to die. I only asked for enough for one side of the coop which is 1/2 so the other 1/2 would be dirt in case they like that too. It was all rolled up professional which made it so easy and he said to be sure to water it.....as soon as we finished it started pouring rain for the last 2 hours [​IMG] I think i should buy a lottery ticket before this day ends [​IMG]

6. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    Wow looks way better than my yard 5 dogs and chickens basically leave no grass. I want that sod!![​IMG] The roo is soooooo pretty. would love to have a roo can't or I will have to get rid of the girls, the city lets me keep my girls but if I get a roo they all have to go.
    The girls are jealous of your chickens FRESH GRASS!!!!!!

7. DementedHam

DementedHam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Southern California
    what breed is the chicken in the last pic w/ white and black and brown, he's cool looking

8. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    That for sure looks better than the grass in my yard, and that is a very pretty bird. If I were you I would run out and get two lottery tickets, [​IMG]

9. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Thanks, that is an Easter Egger Roo.

apbgv- I am not supposed to have him either. He is 13 weeks old today so i should start hearing the crowing soon. As long as the neighbors dont mind, i'm all set.

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Well I spent the day "picking" grass for my girlies and Guineas.they went wild...................this would be SO much easier........... I am calling the local sod farm tomorrow.....and hoping they are not under water like so many farmers here.............. your coop looks great..[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by