My Lucy just died...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by citychicken1, Mar 29, 2011.

1. citychicken1

citychicken1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2010
    When I came home from work I went out to check on the girls and I noticed her over in the corner of the run hunkered down. Thought she must be sick, so I went in the house and made some scrambled eggs for her but she was not interested and when I picked her up she was stiff and seemed like she was in pain. I checked for mites and lice but there were none. Then I checked her crop and it was full and kind of firm feeling, and the skin was blueish, like it was brused. By the time I got the computer on and the internet up she was seezing and then she died on my lap. Other than that I should have been checking for this all along what would be the fastest most efficent way to help her. As soon as she died some grey liquid came out of her mouth. I no I am rambeling and not being real clear but I am very upset. I want to know what to do if this ever happens again.

2. Rusty's Ranch

Rusty's Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    So Cal
    I don't have any answers for you, but am so very sorry for your loss. [​IMG] Hopefully someone who has experience with this will chime in so we can all learn from it.

Again, sorry for your loss and pain.

Sonia

3. StephanieD

StephanieD Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Oh this sounds so sad. I'm so sorry! Could she have gotten into any chemicals, by chance? I wish I had some answers for you but I don't.

4. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG]

5. alaskapalo

alaskapalo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Impacted crop????

Sorry for your loss [​IMG]

6. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    I'm so sorry for your loss...[​IMG] What I've learned (and this is just from reading this board mind you....) The crop should be full at night and empty in the am. I always take a look at my girls in the am to make sure no one has a full crop... I'm sure there will be many more folks who have dealt with this many times and they will have some good advice for you. In the meantime, don't beat yourself up.

7. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Curlita

Curlita Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG]

9. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH