My male and Female doves have problems?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by FrostyWind, Jun 28, 2016.

1. FrostyWind

FrostyWind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2016
    Well to begin with i have two ringneck doves both are male and female, And im having trouble with them, they are already use to each others company, and this is my problem, The male dove use to try his hardest getting her attention, he would bow and coo lots of times, and would even try to preen her, but she would just duck her head down and try to go somewhere else, and i think he lost interest in her, Now! my female dove is trying her best to get his attention and he would just ignore her, well she wouldn't try to preen him, she would just tip her wings and bow her head a little almost close to a 180 degree angle. There both calls are different, hers a low coo and his is the normal average male ringneck dove? Im feeding them well using crack corn, millets and Pellets, and there water is always clean and fresh? is there something i'm doing wrong. I need help, i got the male on January 6th of this year and the female January 7th also of this year, when it was the earlies they would coo at each other and do the court, like the bowing for the male and the female would just coo, but all that have changed? It's like they'll be giving up on each soon, i don't know why? Any suggestions or help?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  2. loftkeeper

loftkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2013
    you have two males if the so called hen as not laid before or is proven to be a hen by having raised and laid you have two males

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You very well may have two males.

4. FrostyWind

FrostyWind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2016
    o.o omg really! Two males! but they Calls are soo different? does that mean the other so call hen(male) is pretending to be a female! is that why the so call hen never wants the male to groom him/her? or? how can i tell if which is male or female, i cant go to DNA tester or any of those people do genders and stuff, soo is there any other way

Tyvm for replying

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by