My male seems to be bullying one of the girls?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jlw0903, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Jlw0903

Jlw0903 Chirping

Jul 2, 2019
    Hello I have 6 beautiful 5mo old duckies one of which is my Male, Mr. T.
    I have noticed recently that he seems to be picking on one of my girls, Blue. She is probably my biggest female and the only one I have not seen in romantic relations with Mr. T.
    Blue is also the protector of the others and have seen her angrily quacking at my dog when he shows too much interest in them and she will peck at me if I am holding another duck and it is becoming distressed.

I will see him chasing after her/ chasing her away from the others/ pool.
    To be fair she used to go after the other girls when they were trying to get Mr. T's romantic attention but I haven't seen that for a while now.

They often stand near each other and usually seem amicable and Blue will do this odd head bob down and to one side when she is near Mr. T (one of my other girls does this bob as well).

Is this just Mr T trying to get Blue interested in him or do they simply not like each other? I'm not worried about them hurting each other just curious about this behavior as these are my first ducks.

Thanks

quackiemama and Miss Lydia like this.
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Ephesians 6:13

Head bob down is her way of giving Mr T the come hither.

3. Jlw0903

Jlw0903 Chirping

Jul 2, 2019
    That's what I thought... but I dont ever see her in the pool offering herself to him like the others do. She and my other Swedish dont seem to has as much of an affinity for water as the Cayugas and rouens do however.

Miss Lydia likes this.
  4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Ephesians 6:13

Maybe that’s their way of staying out of Mr Ts advances they are playing with his affections :lol: I have seen my ducks get in the pool an as soon as the drake gets in out they come. I think that means not today Mr.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: