My Marans blog - how do you like the theme?

ladycat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Between Wichita Falls TX and Waurika OK.
My Coop
My Coop
I got the idea awhile back to divide my blog into sections-

The main blog with general poultry stuff, DIY articles, etc: http://agricommunity.com (which will need to be edited since the Marans stuff is going to be moved to it's own section)

And a Serama section, which is here: http://agricommunity.com/seramas/

It took me a while to find a good wordpress template for the Serama section. Searching for chicken themes, and farm themes didn't turn up much. Then one night I got the idea to search fairytale themes just to see what turned up, and I found the perfect one right away! I went to CoolLogo.com and designed the logo that I embedded into the header.

So then I wanted to find something to use for the Marans section. I've been looking on and off for weeks. Then last night while searching, I stumbled onto a page full of cooking theme wordpress templates, and I saw a couple of them that looked like they might work, with a lot of editing!

Here's the one I decided on: http://agricommunity.com/marans/ and it has taken a LOT of editing. I had to remove all the images of pots and pans and foods and all that stuff.

Where you see the chicken next to the post title, that was a chef's hat. The nav buttons on the side had to be edited, and I drew a brown egg in Paint to add to the buttons. I still have some work to do on the header, I'll need to embed a logo in it, and some pics of Marans and eggs.

Speaking of logos, I don't know what to call my Marans blog. "Fairy Tale Seramas" works so well for them, but what do I call the Marans portion of the blog?

Nice blogs and I like your themes. :D I don't have any suggestions for your Marans blog name, but good luck on finding the right title.
By the way, where did you get your Seramas from?

The themes seem pretty good---my biggest complaint is the headers. They're very large, taking up a significant portion of the page! If they could be cropped down a bit, it'd be easier to see the actual site content. :) Also on the Serama page, the two sidebars capture a lot of attention. If the post area could be widened or a sidebar removed, it'd put a lot more focus on the birds.
:thumbsup Your chickens are lovely!

The themes seem pretty good---my biggest complaint is the headers. They're very large, taking up a significant portion of the page! If they could be cropped down a bit, it'd be easier to see the actual site content.
smile.png
Also on the Serama page, the two sidebars capture a lot of attention. If the post area could be widened or a sidebar removed, it'd put a lot more focus on the birds.
thumbsup.gif
Your chickens are lovely!

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Thanks for the compliment!

Also on the Serama page, the two sidebars capture a lot of attention. If the post area could be widened or a sidebar removed, it'd put a lot more focus on the birds.

Ok, I know what needs to be done to make it look 10 times better, but it will take some serious editing of the style sheet, which I'm not very good with. So what I'm going to do is install another instance of wordpress in a test directory and work on it there. That way if I mess it up, it won't be a big deal because nobody will see the test site. I can edit and re-edit until I get it right, then just copy the edited style sheet into the live site.

Ok, I know what needs to be done to make it look 10 times better, but it will take some serious editing of the style sheet, which I'm not very good with. So what I'm going to do is install another instance of wordpress in a test directory and work on it there. That way if I mess it up, it won't be a big deal because nobody will see the test site. I can edit and re-edit until I get it right, then just copy the edited style sheet into the live site.
Makes sense. HTML/CSS/whatever are so tricky to work with.

Back
Top Bottom