1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My Marans hatched!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken_china_mom, Jun 4, 2010.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Oh, I've been waiting sooooooooo long to hatch out some Marans, and it finally happened! Yay!!! First a BCM chicks hatched a full 2 days before the others. Then the others started hatching like popcorn. Of the 12 eggs I set in there, I believe 7 were BCM and 5 were Blue, with a good chance of getting Blue Coppers. My sneaky little DD slipped like 5 Bantam eggs into the bator too, so I currently have 14 chicks total, but I think only 3 are Bantams, maybe 4. There's one last one that's pipped and he's cheeping away inside his egg, but he hasn't zipped yet. It's been almost 24 hours since he pipped. I'll check his progress in the morning. Hopefully he's out! I know one BCM zipped, but then died. [​IMG] But I have the cutest little fluff butts! I'll take pictures in the morning. It's late now and I'm pooped from a busy day! Yay for Marans!!! [​IMG]

2. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Songster

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    [​IMG]
    Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by