my May puppies born at 52 days

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by naakte, Aug 27, 2011.

1. naakte

naakte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    [​IMG]

I wanted to share with my BYB pals that supported me during a total crisis time when these guys were born at 52 days. I had 5, but lost the smallest despite my efforts to save him. I have held these 4 pups longer than normal because I needed to make sure they are Ok and they totally are..... I do not breed often, only when i want a show dog, in fact this is my first litter in a year and a half. arent they just adorable!! (I am not prejudiced)

Svetlana (lana) she is a beauty with a brain. she can figure stuff out that the others can not. I would like her to go to a home with an older couple who would further her training because she is soooo smart. It is going to be hard to say goodbye to all of them. I did not de dew claw this litter because they were born at 52 days, and being premies I didnt want to stress them. We lost a boy from this litter that has left a hole in my heart. 1 out of 5 at 52 days isnt bad though. it was a whole lot of work.

Katerina (Kat) she is named for a puppy i lost in my first litter in 2008. I thought about keeping her, but i know I must stick to not keeping puffs. Kat is very timid and will go to an older woman who wants a lap dog. she is the tiniest of all 4 of the surviving pups and she is the first pure white crested i have ever had. I hope to find her a home close where i can visit her sometimes. Kat is a special girl

Thomas white. isnt he adorable? he is going to a home with children 10 to 17 yrs old because he loves to run and play hard. He is a great lil guy. sooo handsome

Tatiana (Tati for short) like thomas she loves to run and play. she will be going to a home with smaller children because she is such a gentle lamb. the eye liner generally comes in before one year old. she will be even prettier when her liner comes in.

2. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Oh how cute! I have a friend who breeds CCs. Do you show?

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    sorry. [​IMG] what breed are they?

4. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Quote:Chinese Crested dogs

5. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Are they suppose to be hairless?

6. ChickenScratchin

ChickenScratchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Colorado
    Wow, 52 days! That's incredible you could save them! Beautiful pups. [​IMG]

7. OtterCreekRanch

OtterCreekRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    Quote:There are two different types of Chinese Cresteds I believe. One is hairless (the kind with no hair on the body, only the legs and head and tail) and the other is called a powder puff...they have hair all over.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  8. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Such beauties. [​IMG] I remember when they were born.

Thanks so much for the update.

9. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Aww, they are looking wonderful. You did a great job!!

Wow, I bet my Toy Poodle would love a CC friend. [​IMG]

10. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    I have a friend who breeds cresteds. Her littlest guy just got a couple majors this month. Your guys are beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by