My Mcmurray rare and exotic chicken

sesa

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Thurmont, Md
Here are some pics of my free rare and exotic chicken I got from Mcmurray, does anyone know what kind of bird it is?

DSCN0906.jpg

DSCN0907.jpg

DSCN0908.jpg

That looks like an Australorp...they are awesome, but not so rare, or exotic...what color are the legs? Any feathers on the legs?

Last edited:
You are lucky you can tell which one is likely your rare and exotic. I got the rainbow layers assortment and there are arguably 4-5 that look like I only have one of that type. So, which one is the "rare" is hard to tell. I think there is a white brahma, there might be a black jersey giant or Australorp that looks like yours, potentially a silver leghorn, a grey colored one with feathers on its feet, and a brown one that is growing up to look a little different from the other brown chickens that is either a missex or it could be some rare.

I am giving them a few more weeks before I take another crack at trying to figure out what is what.

Quote:
I ordered a silver leghorn and she is my friendliest bird , her name is Lady and she follows us all over the yard and lands on my shoulder too

Looks to me like an Australorp. Probably the least of "rare and exotic" you can get.
lol.png

If it grows a tad bigger than the others and has yellow soles, it's a Jersey Giant.

Back
Top Bottom