My Meyer adopt me bargain chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fduncan, Feb 9, 2013.

1. fduncan

fduncan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    My Meyer adopt me bargain chicks cant wait to see what they grow up to be :). I ended up with 9 out of 28 ( I ordered 27 got 1 spare ) Their replacing 12 of them of course the last ones didn't die till my 48 hours was up but oh well I planned on some loss .I went ahead and went for the replacement and paid for the 3 extra to make the minimum so i'll have 15 new ones coming this week hoping I have a bit better luck with them :)

[​IMG]

2. SamanthaBrooke

SamanthaBrooke Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Jefferson, GA
    They are cute, sorry you lost so many, I hope your next shipment is better for you!

I'll be interested in seeing them as well!

3. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Cuties! Why did you lose them? Cold weather?

4. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Thanks SamanthaBrooke :) I'm sure I'll be posting plenty of pics once they get some feathers I like having the surprise of not knowing what they are :)
    ChickenPersom Thanks :) Pretty sure it was the cold . I decided to order them last minuet . We were pretty warm here last week and I didnt really think about how cold it was where they were coming through . Meyer was great about replacing them though :)

5. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    My replacement chicks shipped already [​IMG]

6. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    That's so exciting! Are they giving them a hot pack or something to help with the cold? I'll look forward to seeing what your chicks turn out to be [​IMG]

7. Cassidy Love

Cassidy Love Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2013
    Georgetown Indiana
    My chicks ship out the 18th i am so Happy

8. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Deerling I hope so I think it said they do for small orders on there site . I love the surprise I'm hoping I'll get really lucky and there'll be a turkey or 2 in my box :)
    Cassidy Love It's so exciting waiting for them to come . I bet you cant wait ! :)

9. fduncan

Apr 15, 2012
    Northwest Colorado
    Well I lost another this afternoon so I'm down to 8 . :( This one always seemed a little week so I'm not real surprised . But on a happier not I should be getting a call in the morning to go pick up my replacements at the PO so between the new ones and the eggs I have due to hatch my brooder wont look so empty :)

10. stephensc7146

stephensc7146 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2012
    Southeastern, Ohio
    [​IMG]Good luck with the rest of the first and the new batch! Are you putting electrolytes in their water? That could help with some of the stress from shipping and perk them up a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by