My Meyer adopt me bargain chicks

stephensc7146 Thanks ! Yep I've been using electrolytes and they had some sugar water the first day . Not sure whats going on I raised up 70+ chicks that I got from our local feed store over the course of 3 monthes or so last year and I think I lost 1 or 2 doing the same things with these guys .

Maybe it was just an incident during shipping that caused it. Box might have been dropped. You have had plenty of experience raising chicks, so my guess is something may have happened between the hatchery to your post office. Sometimes natural selection just kicks in.

clap.gif
That's great! Congrats on the no loss day! I'm sure it's not your raising methods
smile.png

I don't think it sounds like it was you, either. A lot of people have been losing mass amounts of chicks during and shortly after shipping. We'll hope your babies tomorrow are happy and safe!

Thanks Guys :) .
Well the new ones have made it in finally ! Of course it would snow today and my husbands at work so I guess I'll actually have to drive the 20 miles into town to get them myself . Little nervous about opening the box . My last batch shipped Tuesday and got here Thursday these shipped Monday and are just getting here so I'm trying not to get my hopes up for a box of live chicks . Guess I'll know at 8:30 when the PO opens

Not a good day :( All 15 were DOA they had a heat pack that was ice cold and they'd formed a chick pile in the opposite corner . Very sad thing to see when you open a box
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom