1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My MIL (graphic artist) retires from City of Las Vegas - article

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gumpsgirl, Aug 26, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    My MIL has finally retired from the City of Las Vegas. She was a graphic illustrator for 18 years for the city. She so deserves to retire! Maybe she'll get to make her way out here to Virginia to see some of her grandkids more often! She has also been a designer for Daisy Kingdom among many other things. Here's her article that was in the paper. I thought it was neat enough to share, anyways. [​IMG] http://www.lvrj.com/news/27359469.html

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  2. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    wow that's cool for her! She was doing graphic arts back when you had to do most by hand-the hard way.

3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:She loved doing it by hand! That was her favorite way, but then computers showed up on the scene and she had to learn to use one or get another job. She would still draw a lot on the side as it shows she did for the mayor in the article. We are very blessed to have an artist like her in the family. I love getting sketches done of my family and kids. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by