My MIL is the coolest!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Aug 15, 2008.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Today my mother-in-law came over to visit us, and she had this big long mailing tube with her. I was like, "What's that?" and she said it was for me.

It was an APA poster of all the chicken, duck, and goose breeds. She ordered it especially for me from Stromberg's! How awesome is that!! [​IMG] It wasn't even my birthday or anything; she's just cool like that...

(Now I have to go get it laminated so I can hang it up in my classroom and scare my students even more...I already have pictures from Extraordinary Chickens calendars hanging up here and there to confuse them).

Wheeee!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Awww what a great MIL! What a nice thing to get you. I want one! Be sure to share a picture with us [​IMG]

3. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Thats so neat [​IMG]

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    my mil was great but we lost her one year ago this month

5. BowChickaBowMow

BowChickaBowMow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    How nice! You're so lucky to have a nice MIL! Mine sucks! She's a real whacko!

6. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    That is so nice! Don't you just love it when people are observant enough to think of things you really like?

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:That must be hard for you guys... I'll say a prayer for God's comfort for you tonight.

8. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Quote:I was blessed with a great mother in law, too...I was much closer to her than my own mom. I know there are truly crappy mothers in law roaming the planet, but I think many of us got "lucky" -- when we were given our husbands, we got a bonus.

That poster sounds marvelous! I'll bet your students will never forget you...or at least your unique classroom decor!

9. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Awww...I wish my MIL was as wonderful as yours!!! Lucky you!

[​IMG]

10. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    Golly, my MIL is a total witch. All aggravated at me because I won't let my kid stay at her house because she chain smokes in it(and is dying of lung disease). I'm not against smoking or anything but when yer walls are dripping with cigarette syrup, my kid isn't sleeping over....SORRY Grandma. Or am I being overly sensitive? Literally, it looks like someone splashed a few gallons of Aunt Jemima on her walls. The smell is fishy though. I dunno. It's just not a good environment. Anyhoo, she hates me because I won't let her grandbabay walk into her house, sooooooooo we don't get along anymore. Care to trade MIL's?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by