My mini pot belly had its baby (yes just 1 baby!) today!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jenlynn4, Sep 26, 2010.

1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I cant believe it only had one!!!! No wonder I didnt think she was pregnant, but then she filled with milk, and I figured she had to be....So I was out feeding today and she was standing there shivering and I saw liquid on her back end. We hurried up n separated her from the male in a makeshift pen for tonight and she had only 1 baby pig. I stayed out there for 3 hours and she finally delivered the placenta after 2.5 hours so I am guessing she is done. But I have never heard of a pig only having one baby. I was hopeing for at least 4. LOL It is a cute little black one with white feet though. Here is a pic:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LovinMyPeeps

LovinMyPeeps Sees Wine Dots

Mar 22, 2009
    Heuvelton, NY
    OMG... the cuteness!!! It's burning my eyes!!!! I must not get a pig... must not... but oooooohhh now I want one! Congrats on your new grand-piglet!

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Super cute!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Aww awwaawwww awwww! I'm dying!! The mother looks just like my female Olivia..
    Where do you live?? I need to steal a baby piglet.. [​IMG]
    Now ya got me thinking.. I never got my female fixed.... muhahahahahahahha

5. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    Congrats!
    Super cute.

6. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    is it possible she'll have more overnight? i have no idea about pigbirthing, but its SO TINY!

7. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I think she is done....but this is my first time too. She was sleeping with baby 10 minutes ago, so I really think its just going to be the one. Her belly wasnt really big at all. Thats why I didnt know for sure if she was pregnant or not. I am in NW Pennsylvania. I think this little one is a boy. He will probably be for sale once we get him all trained up and tamed. We really wanted a little female to keep, but I think were gonna have to wait for the next time. JEN

8. jenlynn4

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    We have decided to name baby piggy UNO because he is the only one!!! LOL I think the name fits. [​IMG]

9. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    That is one gorgeous baby!!

10. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    I tried not looking....didn't work. How cute, now I want one!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by