my mixed bag chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Leannemarie, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Leannemarie

Leannemarie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    Any confirmation on breeds and sexes would be awesome......[​IMG]

The first three we think are buff brahmas......which I am so excited about!

Franny
    [​IMG]

Dotty
    [​IMG]

Opal
    [​IMG]

These ones we were told look like red sexlinks as chicks but one looks very different that the other two...

Lucy
    [​IMG]

Calloway
    [​IMG]

Sunny....she has NO red at all, all yellow.....just thought that was strange....but a pleasant surprise!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    On those sexlinks, the first two do look like RSL, but the third looks like a buff, maybe BO?

3. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    The last one does have the coloring of a Buff Orpington. Right color legs, right color beak... Is she noisy, but super sweet? If so... definitely a Buff Orp!

4. lady feathers

lady feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2010
    ranny looks like she could be a frank based on that pic looks like a much wider comb than the other two light brahmas.... maybe you will have a breeding trio!

5. spiritdance

spiritdance Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    Agreed, Franny looks like a roo.

6. Leannemarie

Mar 29, 2011
    I am going to be super bummed out if Franny is a roo.....that chick is the sweetest one of the bunch!

7. mommto3kiddos

mommto3kiddos Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Lucy looks identical to my red sexlink girls!!

8. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Unfortunately if Lucy and Calloway are sex-links, then they are more than likely roosters. Calloway MIGHT be a hen but Lucy is definitely a roo based on the coloration. Guess you could call him Lucifer, Lucian, Luther, or Luke [​IMG] The last one does look like a BO. And the first three are Buff Brahmas like you guessed [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  9. Leannemarie

Mar 29, 2011
    lucy is the only one i figured to be a roo, based on attitude.....major butthead to the other sexlink......so i was preparing myself for that....

10. Steergirl

Steergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Houston Area
    Honestly I don't see any roos. And Lucy (and Calloway) is a red sex link (Golden Comet) and Sunny looks like a BO! (Buff Orpington) [​IMG] As far as others claiming the Franny is a roo because of the comb, judging by the title I would assume that these are hatchery chicks so they will all vary slightly from the "standard".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by