My mixed breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WickedChicksNH, Nov 11, 2019.

1. WickedChicksNH

WickedChicksNH Crowing

Oct 2, 2017
    New Hampshire
    These are my first mixed breeds, I hatched them from my own flock
    Both have the same dad. Zeus my light brahma
    This first one's has Sally my very first chicken ever as her mom..she is a NH red
    So here is a light brahma/nh red x
    20191105_141737.jpg
    This little one is has a lot if her daddy personality in her, she loves the camera, loves to run up to me and anyone else that comes into my office, she bows down like a dog, then runs , shes curious, and loves interaction

This one has Mazie my Golden laced wyandotte as her mommy, she is a little more vocal but not loud, she had put up with me messing with her leg since she was born, she has a misplaced tendon as I call it,
    She walks, jumps and roosts on the roost, runs, plays but she has a limp because her tendon never went back in place.
    I make sure I keep a close eye on her to see if she is in pain or just not living the life she should be. But so far she seems enjoying the chicken life.
    I massage her legs and foot every day, I put her on her back between my legs and she usually snoozed while I do it
    I make sure her joints arent warm

So here is a golden laced wyandotte light brahma x
    20191105_141759.jpg

No names yet . Making sure what sex they are
    They are 6 weeks old right now

2. nchls school

nchls school Crowing

Apr 22, 2015
    Tennessee
    Mix breeds can be quite interesting to watch grow and develop. When my phoenix roo died I crossed the hen with a white crested black Polish rooster. Rather fun to see what traits pass on. Surprising ly the same traits passed with each chick. On maturity the cockerels looked exactly the same as did the pullets. Below is a pic of one of the pullets.

aaphoenixpolishpullet.jpg

Nice pictures and nice looking birds.

WickedChicksNH likes this.
  3. Duck_life

Duck_life Duck Addict

May 14, 2019
    Woods of PA
    My mix breeds are my favorites. Lovely birds.

4. WickedChicksNH

WickedChicksNH Crowing

Oct 2, 2017
    New Hampshire
    I love the looks of this one!!!

5. nchls school

nchls school Crowing

Apr 22, 2015
    Tennessee
    Thank you, but this one will be even more so... He's 6-7 months old and the hackle, saddle and tail feathers show a great deal of promise. He's 3/4 Phoenix and 1/4 Polish. His feathering has gotten longer in just the week since this picture was taken

Sinbad.jpg

WickedChicksNH likes this.
  6. WickedChicksNH

WickedChicksNH Crowing

Oct 2, 2017
    New Hampshire
    Wow beautiful!!!

7. nchls school

nchls school Crowing

Apr 22, 2015
    Tennessee
    Thanks again. I've another cockerel I'm hoping to be even better-A beautiful black body with silver trimming. 1/2 Yokohama-1/4 Phoenix-1/4 Polish. I really like long tailed chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: