My Mixed Flock - Nice fall day! *PICS GALORE!*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aoxa, Nov 7, 2011.

1. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Had a lot of fun with my flock of 13 yesterday! Snapped a ton of pictures. I love showing off my girls (& 2 boys!)

Love to hear your thoughts on them <3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My dog, Koda, not too impressed that we let them into his fenced in portion of the yard [​IMG] Wanted to get them out on the grass since they ate/scratched up all the grass in their run.

[​IMG]
    Penny, curious to see what mama sue is drinking [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dot wary of the dog.

[​IMG]
    as you can see, tons and tons of weeds to eat. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The silkies [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Penny is always so nosey!

[​IMG]
    What're you staring at?! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pigging out on the yoghurt & scratch.

[​IMG]
    They are not alone. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    She kept trying to peck my freckles. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What? They look like food!

[​IMG]
    Lorraine [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Olive the Buff Orpington!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dot the SLW

[​IMG]
    Mc'Donalds - the Polish/SS Hamburg

[​IMG]
    Jagger - my BR cockerel

[​IMG]
    Jagger with Marge.

[​IMG]
    Dixie [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mabel the cochin

Thanks for reading! Hope you like my mixed flock [​IMG] I want to add more pictures to this post, but photobucket hasn't finished uploading them [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Beautiful flock, and I love your dog too!

Remember, it's all fun and games until somebody poops on your shoulder! [​IMG]

3. aoxa

Quote:[​IMG]

Jagger, my BR cockerel, is notorious for pooping EVERY STINKING TIME you hold him. [​IMG]

4. awww they are so pretty!!!!! luv them all!

5. aoxa

Quote:Thank you! [​IMG]

I love all my chickens! They make me smile [​IMG]

6. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    I love the pic of McDonald! Tx for sharing

7. aoxa

Quote:[​IMG]

Finally someone notices Mc'Donalds! She's always the last one thought of when the kids come over to play with them. I thought she was funky looking [​IMG]

8. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

What a nice lush yard for them! Love the name Dot. I have a Barred Rock named Dot. Of course she is stripes now, but was dotted as a chick [​IMG] You have beautiful chickens. I like to take a chair out in the chicken yard and just watch them too. They really are quite entertaining!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  9. aoxa

Quote:Thank you [​IMG] We named her Dot, because she is a Wyandotte. We started naming our chickens in relation to their breed (ie: Denny the Delaware, Olive the Orpington, Steve the Silkie, Penny the Production red, etc..)

I could sit with them for hours! I think that's why they like us so much [​IMG] They know humans = food = good times.

[​IMG]

10. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Thank you [​IMG] We named her Dot, because she is a Wyandotte. We started naming our chickens in relation to their breed (ie: Denny the Delaware, Olive the Orpington, Steve the Silkie, Penny the Production red, etc..)

I could sit with them for hours! I think that's why they like us so much [​IMG] They know humans = food = good times.

[​IMG]

Aint that the truth! I have a Speckled Sussex named Mandy. We use to think she was turning aggressive, because she would take nips at the back of your legs or come charging up to you. Realized that she was just overly aggressive when it came to being first in line for treats, whether we had any or not. We don't have a roo right now, haven't for awhile, so we call her "Manly Mandy". [​IMG] Whats weird is that her comb is huge, like a roo, where as our other SS, Margo, who is very shy and docile, and is the same age, has a tiny comb. She isn't bossy to the other hens, though, so it's not like she is taking over the roo position, and she can be a sweet girl too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by