My MM chicks came today! w/ pics

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by never_ending_fermata, Mar 2, 2008.

1. never_ending_fermata

never_ending_fermata Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Northern New Jersey
    YAY! well theres good and bad news...2 were dead in the box when i got them and then 2 more died....but they gave me an extra of each of those breeds so technically i only lost 2 that i ordered. my friend ordered with me getting ameraucanas and bantam buff brahmas, while i got some sultans, millies, porcelain, belgian quail and buff laced polish. i cant figure out what one is my free 'exotic' though...its one of the ones with the ameraucanas and they look a lot alike! maybe the one in the middle of this pic with the dark face? any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    aww so cute ,"goodluck" with them

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You need to get some paper towels or shavings down. Newspaper is too slippery and will cause spraddle leg. Very cute!

4. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    Looks like newspaper that you've got on the floor. I think paper towels would work a little better. Chicks need to be able to get a grip on the floor, and newspaper is just too slick. I start out with that shelf liner that sort of sticks..it works great, but is more expensive than paper towel. Paper towel works good too, though...just a suggestion.
    Oh, and your babies are beautiful, congrats....

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  5. never_ending_fermata

Feb 20, 2008
    Northern New Jersey
    thanks! i put paper towls down they look like they can get around a little better:)

6. never_ending_fermata

Feb 20, 2008
    Northern New Jersey
    any idea what my exotic is? theres one with a dark face and another with a white face with black spots...but other then that they look like the other ameraucanas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by