My mom and step dad may adopt ? (long)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ol'FashionHen, May 7, 2009.

1. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    My mom drives a handicap school bus and also picks up kids who have behavior disabilities. She was telling me a few weeks ago about a 15 year old boy who rides her bus that she just loves. Said he does not get along with his step-mom who does not want him there and continually pokes and pushes at him till he reacts ( so he would be placed in our lady of peace for awhile). My mom said he did real good for a few months then his step mom kept nagging him about stuff and would put her finger on his forehead and continually poke it....... it made him mad and he told her he would hurt her (to put it nicely) if she did it again. My mom and him get along good he talks to her alot about stuff and even made the comment that he wishes she were his mother. Well this time the boys dad signed him over to the state ( his real mother passed on).
    So my mom wants him and is going soon to try and get him. Does anyone know what procedures for her to get him is. My mom is 53 and my step dad is 62 will the state allow them to adopt him, it also scares me because my mom can talk to this boy now but if he had to live with her it may be different. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. We have a huge family and their is no doubt he would be loved by all of us and I don't think he has ever had real love before so I don't know.....we also have three teenage boys in our family including my DS...which also scares me due to his back round. I ask that y'all would please say a prayer for this boy and that if it is okay and meant to be that all will fall into place. Whew...I don't know if my brain can contain everything lately.

2. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Wow! What a change for your family! That is such a wonderful thing that your mom is doing. I do realize that things will probably be a lot different for you for a while, but know that she's doing it to help, not because she wants to replace you.

[​IMG] Good luck!

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    She should contact the child welfare services and let them know that she would like to foster the boy with the intent to adopt. I know people that have done that.

4. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    springchickens wrote:
    I do realize that things will probably be a lot different for you for a while, but know that she's doing it to help, not because she wants to replace you.

Oh I don't worry at all about him replacing me...Good day [​IMG], I have three sisters, 1 step sister and 3 step brothers. This boy will get plenty of love we don't worry about replacements..plenty of love to go around [​IMG]. I only worry about the boys anger issue towards his step mom.... if it is truly anger... or only towards step mom...that's all.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by