My Mom is finally letting me get chickens! HOORAH!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by GraceAK, Dec 1, 2009.

1. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    Oh Happy Day!

I have been trying to convince my mom to let me have chickens for the past week (and Im exhausted) and she finally is letting me get them! Hoorah! Hoorah!

I have some Pullets reserved! (A White Rock, A Barred Rock, and a Welsummer)! A nice Guy in the neighborhood was getting rid of his chickens so he can go out of state for school, and I reserved 3 (2 had already been sold). I will probably be picking them up by the end of next month (December)!

My coop is not entirely done yet, but should be soon! My run is not started, but should be done soon as well! The coop will probably be 4x6. It is 4x3 now, but I can enlarge it from the back [​IMG] Yay! Now I just have to conquer my fear of the Circular Saw! :O

Wish me luck!
    Merry Christmas, and other holidays, if celebrate them!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  2. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Good luck and [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. catfish/okie

catfish/okie Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Congradulations 3 great breeds too.

4. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Wow congrats it took me 2 yrs to convince my mom to get chicks only recently she said okay. Now we are building the Coop.

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yay, good for you! Be careful with that saw, don't rush things. Good luck with your new chickens. And give your mom a big [​IMG] for letting you have your chickens. [​IMG]

6. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG] From Alaska

Congratulations!

7. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    Quote:Im building my coop, too (with plenty of insulation) and it is looking pretty nice!

It helped that my Mom had chickens 25 years ago when she first moved here (she likes chickens) but was traumatized by them all being murdered, instead of never liking chickens in the first place! Also, I was relentless! [​IMG]

I am SO excited to have chickens! They feel like Pomeranians wrapped in silk! [​IMG][​IMG]

8. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:Im building my coop, too (with plenty of insulation) and it is looking pretty nice!

It helped that my Mom had chickens 25 years ago when she first moved here (she likes chickens) but was traumatized by them all being murdered, instead of never liking chickens in the first place! Also, I was relentless! [​IMG]

I am SO excited to have chickens! They feel like Pomeranians wrapped in silk! [​IMG][​IMG]

Awww, how cute, I've never heard chickens described in quite that way-works for me! Congrats on your new chickens and yeah, definitely a big hug and a thumbs up for your mom! [​IMG]

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    [​IMG]

Now we need to ask Mom for an incubator and you can hatch eggs too... Nice birds and praying you have much happiness and success with them...

Have a blessed and happy day.[​IMG]

10. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    congrats...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by