My mom is so annoying sometimes!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Magic Birdie, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    She thinks she's so great just because she's my mom! Shouldn't she at least have a better reason for being "so perfect"??? According to her, I'm not allowed to have opinions. She's never listened to me once! She wants to move everywhere, and it feels like she's doing it just to make me miserable. She doesn't like NY, the best place in the world for me, just because Winter's too cold!

So what about my chickies? What about my budgies? Where will they go? HAVE YOU EVER LISTENED TO ME ONE BIT??? DO YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO SCREAM AT ME EVERY TIME I GET A GRADE BELOW AN A+?

Just makes me wonder, is anyone else's mom like this?

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    I have to agree with your mom about new york i hate it here. As for opinions i don't really have any either. [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Moms want what is best for their kids. I am not saying you don't have a point, but it is our job to annoy you half to death so you turn out to be a loving, caring, successful person.

4. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I am sleep deprived so excuse me if I make very little sense. Your mom should pay attention to what you say. I am not saying that she should change her mind on what she has planned. If she is really not listening then this breaks down the relationship between you both. I expect my daughter to listen to me. I don't feel I need to ask or demand it. I just expect it. She also expects to be listened to by me. Many many times I will tell her I understand but i don't agree and my decision stands. She is angry but at least she knows that I am listening. She does not have the discernment yet to really make arguements that will change my position. Once I have made a decision, I rarely change my mind. I have already thought it out, disected it, asked others for some feedback, and thought about it some more. But later on in life she will hopefully have some discernment. Later on she may be using me to bounce things off of so she can make a good decision. All those things need a relationship where she knows I listen. Right now she is young and I can protect her. In a few years that relationship will be her protection against everything she won't be ready to deal with. So her listening is important.

Now that being said. Is she really not listening OR is she saying your arguement is just not changing my mind. Big difference. She might be listening but simply does not feel she need to change her decision. We don't know why she is making it fully. I would assume there are more reasons than the weather. Probably some you might not know about.

To answer the question though. Yes moms are annoying. My mom was annoying as heck. She is a good friend now. She can smile and tease as I struggle though with my own daughters. Now I am the annoying mom. Our job is not to be best friends but to be parents. Parents have a huge scope of jobs but being best friends is not one of them. Annoying our children with rules, reason, cleaning and over protection is our job.

5. Magic Birdie

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:*sigh* I guess you're right [​IMG]

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I work with my mom, so I get your frustration. Moms can be annoying, just because they are your mom. You just have to remember, she does care what you want. However, in the long run, she knows what is best for you and her family.

Friends come and go, but family is forever.

I'm very sorry for your chickens though [​IMG]

8. Magic Birdie

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  9. Magic Birdie

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:[​IMG]