My mom only likes the chicken eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RogerTheChicken, Mar 19, 2015.

1. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    my mom rarely eats chicken eggs, but she refuses to eat the duck eggs, she says they taste fishy, they taste the same as chicken eggs to me, when I try to get her to sell them she says no one will buy them, I am overstocked with duck eggs right now, she probably won't like the guinea, turkey, and geese eggs either, any way I could get her to like them lol

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  2. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    I know that duck eggs are suppose to be good for baking. I just wouldn't use them on something light on flavoring. For example better to put them in chocolate cake. I haven't had them myself, but I know several people who love eggs and don't like duck eggs. Apparently they make terrible pasta. If you advertise them as duck eggs there are people who will buy them. Have you tried craigslist?

3. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    x2 on baking with them to see if she likes them better.

I don't do ducks, so I can't say as to flavor, but I do know a family who raises ducks for eggs as their family has allergies to chicken eggs but can eat duck eggs...see if you can't lock into that crowd.

LofMc

4. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    I will try to get her to use them to bake with, thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by